Eight Ash Green Neighbourhood Plan
2.1 A Neighbourhood Plan sets out a vision for an area and the planning policies for the use and development of land. It forms part of the statutory planning framework. The policies and proposals contained within it will be used as a basis for the determination of planning applications. The Plan must be in conformity with the Government's National Planning Policy Framework and must satisfy the Basic Conditions which are:
- The policies, having regard to national policies and advice contained in guidance issued by the Secretary of State, it is appropriate to make the Neighbourhood Plan.
- The plan contributes towards the achievement of sustainable development.
- The policies are in general conformity with the strategic policies in the Development Plan prepared by the Local Planning Authority.
- The Plan is compatible with and otherwise does not breach EU obligations.
- The making of the neighbourhood plan is not likely to have significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2012) or a European offshore marine site (as defined in the Offshore Marine Conservation (Natural Habitats) Regulations 2007) (either alone or in combination with other plans or projects).
2.2 The Neighbourhood Plan has been prepared with regard to the 2012 National Planning Policy Framework as well as guidance set out in the National Planning Practice Guidance. The policies in the Neighbourhood Plan are in general conformity with the strategic policies in the adopted development plan which consists of the Core Strategy adopted in 2008 and amended in 2014, the Site Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD) adopted in 2010 and the Development Policies DPD adopted in 2010 and amended in 2014. Colchester Borough Council is currently preparing a new Local Plan 2017 - 2033. The general direction and policies of the emerging Local Plan have also been taken into account in preparing this Neighbourhood Plan.
2.3 In accordance with the notice given by the Eight Ash Green Parish Council to the Local Planning Authority on 15th June 2015, the area contained within the Parish boundary is designated as the formal Neighbourhood Area. The Parish Council is able to confirm that this is the only Neighbourhood Plan for the Parish.
2.4 A Neighbourhood Plan ensures communities play a greater role in determining the future of their area. Once it is adopted following a successful result at a local referendum, it becomes part of the statutory development plan. Together with the Local Plan prepared by Colchester Borough Council, the policies in the Neighbourhood Plan, which relate to the development and use of land, will provide the statutory basis for the determination of planning applications (by Colchester Borough Council) in the Eight Ash Green Neighbourhood Area. Neighbourhood planning policies only affect development that requires a planning application. The Plan cannot therefore include policies that fall outside the remit of planning control. In the course of consulting the residents about the Neighbourhood Plan, a number of other issues arose that could not be included in the Plan as planning policies. These are dealt with in the 'Projects' section of the Neighbourhood Plan and although policies dealing with these cannot be delivered by a Neighbourhood Plan, they are considered by the Parish Council as equally important to pursue.
2.5 In support of the Neighbourhood Plan, there are a number
of documents which are available on line at www.eightashgreen.net.
They include the Project Plan; the Basic Conditions
Statement; the Consultation Statement; the Regulation 14
Process – Consultation – Outcomes document; the Evidence
Base; the Village Settlement Boundary; the Site Selection
process; and the Neighbourhood Plan Objectives and Policies -